Alternative Latin Investor is proud to present our combined LatAm Hedge Fund Report and Webinar to be hosted by Hedgehogs.net CEO, Ken Yeadon, on November 10th at 1pm EST. Early-bird price till Nov. 7th is 175.00USD after which price is 199.00USD. This price includes digital edition of report with directory as well as attendance to webinar.
Topics to be discussed
- LatAm funds versus Global Macrofunds or Emerging Market funds with LatAm exposure
- New investor demographics, or the same? And who are they?
- Institutional Participation?
- Has there been a change in global opinion of LatAm funds due to crash of US/Euro markets?
- Has this created a vacuum for LatAm to fill?
- With the developed world seemingly on the path of competitive devaluation vs. emerging markets, how do the panel see Latin American investments being impacted?
- Asian countries, in particular China, are increasingly looking to secure commercial rights over global supply chains for resources. (e.g. recent headlines over global supply of Rare Earths, a critical commodity input to green energy technologies and mobile devices). How is this impacting Latin America, and are any Latin American countries following similar strategies (via Sovereign Wealth Funds for example) to exploit their natural resource advantages? Does this represent an investable theme for Latin American funds?
Ken Yeadon - CEO of Hedgehogs.net, a social application platform for the hedge fund and investment industry and those who serve it.
Ken is the former head of trading, sales and e-commerce for HSBC Asia-Pacific. He has a successful track record in angel and venture investing in financial technology, and in high frequency trading, stat-arb and quantitative/arbitrage trading. He has also managed several liquidity management infrastructure and financial CRM projects for banks, brokerages and technology vendors. Ken has an MBA from John Cass Business School and a BA in Economics from Nottingham University.
Sonia Villalobos Co-portfolio manager of the LV Pacific Opportunities Fund
She was formerly Head of Latin American Equities at Larrain Vial AGF. A Brazilian citizen, she has more than 25 years of experience in the LatAm capital markets. She was Head of Research at Garantia in Sao Paulo from 1989 to 1996 and Vice President at Bassini, Playfair & Associates from 1996 to 2002. She holds a Bachelor and Master's degree in finance from the Fundación Getulio Vargas in Sao Paulo. In 1994 she obtained her CFA, the first person in Latin America to achieve it.
Andres Azicri President and Founder of Convex Management
Prior to founding Convex, Andres Azicri was a Managing Partner of Cima Investments and the senior portfolio manager of the Cima Aconcagua Fund. Before joining Cima, Mr. Azicri was the head of Asset Management at MBA, prior to which he headed the Proprietary Desk for Latin America at Bankers Trust in New York (1997-1999) and the Emerging Markets Fixed Income Research Department at Oppenheimer & Co., in New York (1995-1997). Mr. Azicri is an economist from the University of Buenos Aires (1988), and is currently a professor of finance at CEMA University and the University of Buenos Aires.
Carlos Rojas Portfolio Manager Compass Perú
Portfolio Manager of the Peru Special Investment Fund. He joined Compass in 2006 after working for 12 years in the financial industry. In his previous role he managed over US$ 300 million for the Rimac Group and was also an investment advisor for the Brescia Group. Previously he performed roles in M&A operations, financial structures, derivatives, and trading. Mr. Rojas has a BA in Business Administration from Universidad del Pacífico in Peru.
Andrew Cummins Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Explorador Capital Management, LLC.
Previously, Andrew worked for Emerging Markets Investors Corporation, focused on investments in Argentina, Chile, Peru and Ecuador. Andrew holds an M.B.A. from Harvard University and a B.S. from the University of California at Berkeley. He has lived and traveled in Latin America over the last 20 years.
Andrew serves on the Board of INPAR, a publicly traded Real Estate company in Brazil.
Early-bird price till Nov. 7th